This week in the FIT CLUB, we are doing a fun challenge, the movement challenge.
Essentially we are tracking our steps with a goal of 10k a day.
Walking, jogging or simply moving your body daily is important, and walking is such an underrated exercise, not to mention how good it is on our brain to walk & de-stress daily!
So even though you can not compare walking to a session at the gym lifting weights, moving your body has such huge benefits.
Let’s start with the mental benefits of daily movement!
- Walking can increase your creativity output by 60%, research shows.
- Walking is a mood booster.
- Walking has been shown to improve memory
- Improves your sleep
- Psychologists suggest walking helps with anxiety & depression.
These are just a few, for example!
Now, let’s go over the physical benefits of daily movement.
- Moving your body daily can help those who suffer from pain; its a low-impact movement, so not as hard on joints, back etc.
- Walking can aid in your fat loss, therefore, maintaining or losing the extra fat you’ve been aiming to lose.
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- It will help increase your energy.
- It will help increase your NEAT(non-exercise activity thermogenesis). FYI this makes up 15% of your daily TDEE- it’s more than your daily workout makes up
- Helps strengthen your bones and muscles.
We also have a few tips on how to increase your daily movement & steps!
- You can leave yourself a sticky note in your vehicle that states,” can I walk or bike” which will remind you to do either of those before driving.
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator.
- Find a friend to walk with.
- Park further from the door of your destination.
- Join a challenge on your smartwatch.
We want to know how you are getting your steps on!
Make sure to tag us on IG and let us know so we can follow your journey.