Sometimes setting goals can be scary if we’ve struggled in the past with reaching that goal. I know that seeing a body I admire can create a desire to want to set goals, and then when I go to write them down, my mind will start to doubt the goal I want to achieve.
It looks like this:
- Maybe you should go after that goal; you know how obsessive you can get
- You’ve tried before, and you can’t lose weight
- What if you cant stick to it like all those other times you’ve tried and quite
- You dont have the body type to reach that goal
- Your autoaumume deises will flare up
- You’re going to get exhausted
- You love food too much to reach that goal
Those are just some of the few voices I hear in my head when I write down my goals, and they very much depend on what area of my life im working on.
It takes courage to show up each day for yourself when that voice won’t shut up, but I have learned that the more consistent you are in showing up, the quieter that voice gets.
When that voice comes, I counter it with truth, and it looks like this:
- I may not be where I want to be, but I thank God im not where I used to be
- Little by little, a little becomes a lot
- Consistency beats perfection
- I can do this
- I am disciplined
- I am creating a lifestyle I love, and that includes taking care of my body
- I am celebrating the fact that I can move
- I am thankful I have food to eat and the choice to choose what I get to eat
You see, when that voice comes to challenge your courage, you have to fight back; yes, we all have those voices. You’re NOT crazy!! The only crazy thing to do is not acknowledge that it’s there. Once you do, you can speak back to it, and it loses its power.
Every time you show up, no matter how scary it feels or how loud that scary voice tries to through you off, you are building your courage.
It’s super important for me to help bring you clarity where there is confusion; that’s the only way you will get the encouragement to keep going.
IN the FCB, it’s more than just workouts, and nutrition is my duty to help shed light in those dark places. Only when the light shines can you see the truth, and the truth will set you free from those lies and limiting beliefs.
Comment below if this is shined some light!