Macro Friendly Soul Food!
Dill has been a huge rage this year with the new pill pickle salad coming out! Check out this delicious creamy dill chicken topped with mushrooms and a side of rice! Pair it with the Dill pickle salad and your cravings will be satisfied!
Macro friendly and VERY popular with the FCB!
Leave a comment below after you’ve given this a try!
1/2 cup Jasmine Rice (uncooked)
8 ozs Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless)
2 tbsps Mayonnaise
2 tbsps Fresh Dill (chopped, plus more for garnish)
2 tbsps Water
12 Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line a baking sheet with foil. Flatten the chicken breast with a mallet or rolling pin to about half-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and dill.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and evenly spread the creamy dill sauce overtop. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, heat the water in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms for about three minutes or until soft. Add more water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Divide the rice, mushrooms and chicken onto plates and garnish with additional dill (optional). Enjoy
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Use broth instead of water to cook the rice and mushrooms. Sauté onions and garlic with the mushrooms. Add garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and/or salt to the creamy dill sauce.
A squeeze of lemon juice.
Use a vegan or egg-free mayonnaise instead.
No White Rice
Use brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice and adjust the cooking time and quantity accordingly.
Calories: 414 / Protein:32g / Carbs: 42g / Fats: 14g