This amazing remix to Mac & cheese will satisfy your soul! Soul food is a huge part of the FCB, 80% whole foods and 20% soul foods is something I teach all the ladies.
You need to remember your journey is a lifestyle, treat yourself and you will succeed!!
1lb brown rice elbow macaroni
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or beef)
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped greens (optional)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- PREHEAT oven to 375d F. Coat a 9×13″ baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- BOIL 4 to 6 cups of water in a large pot. Add macaroni and cook for 10-12 minutes, until pasta is tender but firm, then drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- COOK squash and broth together in a large sauce pan over low heat, stirring occasionally, then increase the heat to medium until almost simmering. Mash the squash as it cooks. Add nutritional yeast into pureed squash or pumpkin.
- REMOVE pan from heat and stir in goat cheese and sea salt. Stir until smooth with no lumps or toss into a blender and blend until smooth.
- POUR squash mixture over macaroni and stir gently to combine. Transfer to the baking dish and top with grated parmesan.
- BAKE for 20 mins then broil for 3 more minutes until top is crisp and brown. Serve & Enjoy!!
Calories: 310 P:11/C:48/F:6
Add more Flavour- Chilli flakes, pepper, Jalapeños, turkey bacon.
Greens to add- Broccoli, asparagus, spinach, kale, peas, cauliflower.