After you’ve spent quality time with your family & friends and it’s time to start thinking about your routine & prepping again, we want to help you and take some of the guesswork out of the equation for you!
Here’s some recipes from the FCB library to help get you back on track!
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups carrots, cut in matchsticks
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half and half, warmed for 30 seconds in microwave
1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 cups cooked shredded or cubed turkey
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
Toast, noodles or rice for serving
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add butter. When the butter had melted, add the onion, mushrooms, and carrots. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes. The vegetables should be just beginning to brown and just cooked.
2. Stir in the flour. Cook and continue stirring for about 1 minute.
3. Slowly add the chicken stock and half and half. Stir to incorporate the liquids. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally for 3 to 4 minutes. The sauce should be slightly thickened. Stir in the kosher salt and pepper.
4. Stir in the turkey, peas and parsley.
5. Stir in ground sage.
6. Continue cooking until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Serve over toast, noodles, or rice.
Macros: protein 35g carbs 19g fat 14g
Calories: 342 (without the base carb)
Turkey & white bean chilli
10 millilitres Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Sweet Onion (medium, chopped)
4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
946 millilitres Chicken Broth
4 grams Cumin (ground)
3 Green Chili Pepper (seeds removed, optional)
454 grams Turkey Breast, Cooked (roughly chopped)
728 grams White Navy Beans (cooked)
178 millilitres Cream, Half & Half
16 gramsArrowroot Powder
Sea salt & pepper for taste
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-hight heat. Cook the onions and garlic until soft, about five minutes.
- Stir in the broth, cumin, green chilies (optional), turkey, and white beans. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together the arrowroot with a bit of the cream until dissolved. Stir the arrowroot slurry into the pot along with the remaining cream, salt, and pepper. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Macros: protein 35g carbs 43g fat 8g